Restarting Monday Fencing – 19th April!
We will be running Monday night club sessions from 7:00pm till 9:00pm at Mount St Mary’s College beginning on 19th April for Under 18s. These sessions will be conducted in accordance with British Fencing’s Covid Safe guidelines. Those participating will need to register prior to the session. This can preferably be done via Playwaze.com (link below)which is the activity registration service partnered with British Fencing, alternatively by text or email. Each session will cost £7.00 per session, payment for one or more sessions is payable by bank transfer to Sheffield Buccaneers Fencing Club, A/c No – 21215272, Sort Code – 40-41-37 (It says ‘free’ in the Playwaze portal as the website wouldn’t let me enter details). There will be no cash or cheque collections on the night. There will be a maximum group size of 15 selected on a first come first serve basis. Those taking part are expected to have their own fencing equipment and all British Fencing Covid protocols will be followed. All those taking part should familiarise themselves with these guidelines from the British Fencing website. Parents not performing welfare or covid officer roles will be expected to remain outside the fencing salle. It is anticipated that in due course more restrictions will be eased and from mid May club fencing for adults will be able to restart. For any other details contact Adam at email@example.com or 07761284378.
Some key covid safe measures
- Masks to be worn when not actively engaged in training
- 2 metre social distancing to be observed in all practical circumstances
- Fencers should have their own gel and wipes though this will also be available
- Individual bouts will be for a maximum of 20 minutes
- No close quarter actions, referees to stop bouts where distance closes
- No handshakes but salutes at the beginning and end of bouts
- Individual lessons can only be provided in the event that the maximum number of 15 is not reached and the coach therefore is part of the group. Where there are 15 fencers present, the coach will supervise the session as a whole.
- Prior to the session, each person attending will be required to complete and return by email our covid symptom form which can be got from the link below