Month: September 2020
I have during the last few weeks been looking into every possibility of our club being able to restart fencing training in some form following our usual venue, Birkdale School not being available at the moment. Unfortunately, the only apparently practical option of Concord Sports Centre on Monday nights is not going to be possible. There are just not going to be enough people to cover the cost and make for a productive training session. The venue is very expensive and for many people was difficult to get to.
It looks like we probably have no choice but to wait until Birkdale makes itself available to external bookings again and they plan to review this in January. In the meantime if something comes up I will let everybody know.
- Training must take place in groups of 6. groups must remain separate and not mix.
- Sparing bouts within each group can be for 3 bouts to 5 or one bout to 15 with a maximum of 15 minutes per bout.
- All fencers must pre book in order to attend any session.
- All payments will need to be by bank transfer, no cash or cheques.
- There will inevitably be a limit on the number of fencers who can attend in order that pistes can be kept the correct distance apart and we will probably implement a firs come first serve booking system.
- We will need to appoint a covid 19 officer who will actively monitor compliance with the guidelines.
- There will be no sharing of equipment and fencers will be strongly advised to get their own, especially masks and gloves.
- Other adaptions and controls as required.