Following on from the recent BF guidelines, I have measured our Monday venue and and done the calculations and we can now have 35.4865446716 people there for our club sessions!!!! These include children, adults, parents, coaches etc. Realistically, I don’t think our venue would accommodate anywhere near 35. We will still require that everyone attending completes a ‘covid symptom’ form prior to attending, that will also include parents. Also, fencers will need their own fencing kit. Fencers will need to enter via our Playwaze portal (link below)and pay fees by bank transfer. Sessions will run from 7:00pm till 9:00pm at Mount St Mary’s College, Spinkhill, Sheffield S21 3YL, If you are unfamiliar with this venue, click the link below for a printable guide. These sessions will be conducted in accordance with British Fencing’s Covid Safe guidelines. Those participating will need to register prior to the session. Each session will cost £7.00, payment for one or more sessions is payable by bank transfer to Sheffield Buccaneers Fencing Club, A/c No – 21215272, Sort Code – 40-41-37 (It says ‘free’ in the Playwaze portal as the website wouldn’t let me enter details). There will be no cash or cheque collections on the night. All British Fencing Covid protocols will be followed. All those taking part should familiarise themselves with these guidelines from the British Fencing website. Parents not performing welfare or covid officer roles will be expected to remain outside the fencing salle. For any other details contact Adam at email@example.com or 07761284378.
Some key covid considerations
- Masks to be worn when not actively engaged in training
- 2 metre social distancing to be observed in all practical circumstances
- Fencers should have their own gel and wipes though this will also be available
- Close quarter actions should be avoided and referees should halt as soon as distance closes
- No handshakes but salutes at the beginning and end of bouts
- Prior to the session, each person attending will be required to complete and return by email our covid symptom form which can be got from the link below